Curation Skills. Knowledge. Abilities. Develop yours by completing a professional development course or hands-on workshop with Danielle.
Professional Development Workshops
Danielle currently teaches a variety of professional development courses for the Society for American Archaeology. These one and two-hour online seminars are certified by the Register of Professional Archaeologists.
Recent/Upcoming Courses Taught for the Society for American Archaeology
- Archaeological Curation for the 21st Century
- Addressing Orphaned Collections: A Practical Approach
- Archaeological Curation and Collections Management: What You Need to Know But Never Learned in School
- Teaching Curation: A Guide to Developing a New, Stand-Alone Course or Integration Into an Existing One
- What’s the Use? Using Archaeological Collections for Research, Outreach, and Exhibition
Contact us to discuss a tailored training program for your organization.
Learn by doing. Gain proficiency in a variety of curatorial skills in a supportive and encouraging environment. Some workshop themes include:
- object care and handling
- condition reporting
- a ‘how-to’ on collections inventories
- developing museum forms (e.g., deed of gifts, loans, research requests, integrated pest management, condition reports, facility rental)
Contact us to discuss these and other customized hands-on workshops that are right for your institution.